As LCAQD agencies, we believe that we are better together. We understand ourselves as one church, with one purpose and many ministries. We have over 200 ‘grace communities’ in various contexts, all here to serve the communities around us.
To celebrate and explore our identity, we’ve previously held LCAQD-wide Ministry Summits in 2019 and 2022.
In 2023 our LCAQD-wide gathering was held in conjunction with District Pastors Conference. Pastors gathered on Wednesday May 31, followed by two LCAQD-wide events: Groundwork on Thursday June 1 and Groundswell on Friday June 2.
Thanks to the LLL volunteers in congregations and young adult leaders were able to attend at no cost.
We think the best way to assess the impact is to share some of participants’ feedback. The pastors are yet to be surveyed, but lay participants said they liked:
- The opportunity to gather and meet people and worship God as a bigger setting.
- The diversity of attendees and the meaningful and insightful messaging.
- The individual speakers had great insights into all the facets of grace (and how it rubs up against reality).
- Excellent keynote, succinct Bishop Report, loved the 10 minute story telling snapshots (Learning Loop).
- The opportunity to meet people from my geographic area. The extended break times to network and get to know people from all over the LCAQD.
- The elective sessions gave in depth time to think about a topic.
- Ability to share with a cross-section of people from other Lutheran communities.
- Giving volunteers the opportunity to be with Pastors.
Suggestions for improvement reflected the range of perspectives and needs of attendees, giving conference organisers many ideas to get them started for next time!
Links to video and PowerPoint presentations will progressively be added to the program here: