The four LCAQD Departments presented written and video reports ahead of the Convention of the Synod. These videos can be viewed on the Convention of Synod website: https://qld.lca.org.au/events/synod/
Dr Leena Vuorinen, Council Chair and Nick Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, represented Lutheran Services.
Delegate questions and comments drew attention to:
- The ‘Origins Stories’ project
- Alondra Residences are now fully sold and occupied
- The success of ‘If Only I Could’ onstage at QPAC
- Happy Table food and dining initiative, which received media attention
- 1800 hours donated by volunteers and the many ways the 1,750 staff served more than 6,000 people throughout Queensland throughout the year.
Delegates were encouraged to continue to engage with Lutheran Services agencies.
Lutheran Education Queensland (LEQ)
Council for Lutheran Education Queensland Chair, Dr Darryl Muller and Executive Director Tanya Crooks took questions about their video which introduced the Lutheran Education Queenslansd (LEQ) Flexible Delivery in Senior Years Documentary 2023 – a paradigm shift in education, challenging the conventional notions of brick-and-mortar schools.
The model offers a radical departure from the traditional classroom and timetabling setup, providing students with unprecedented flexibility to learn in diverse environments and at their own pace.
The LEQ’s shared mission and ministry puts students at the centre of their learning, honouring their individual and unique God-given gifts.