In our last eNews we gave thanks for the life of Pastor Paul Renner. This week we share further details of his service…
within the LCAQD
- District Church Council Qld
- Founding member/Supervisor and Executive Committee member of Queensland Institute of Clinical and Pastoral Education
- Committee to investigate the concerns of the people of Hopevale & Wujal Wujal
at the churchwide level
- Council of the Department for Congregational Life
- Council of the Committee for Theology and Inter-Church Relations (CTICR)
- Chair of LCA Commission on Worship
- Member of the Australian Consultation on Liturgy (ACOL)
- Founding member and secretary of the Australian Academy of Liturgy
- Founding member of the Committee on Worship and Theological Issues and Pastoral Care
- Chair of the Faith and Order Commission
- Chair of the Committee to investigate the possibility of inter-denominational co-operation in providing ministry.
Read Pastor Paul’s obituary.
In his funeral address, Bishop Mark Vainikka closed with the following words to describe Paul:
You often came to those in need,
You helped them both in word and deed,
One day an angel stood revealed
Beneath a beggar’s cloak concealed.
Wise honeyed words you did impart
That soothed and strengthened every heart;
The wisdom of your speech was rare,
Like fragrant perfume in the air.
Saint Peter’s crown you well did wear,
His glory now with him you share,
And with the Father, and the Son
And Holy Spirit, three in one. Amen.