Bishop Paul Smith addresses Synod 2022
LCANZ Bishop Paul Smith spoke about:
- the General Church Board’s planning for the continuation of General Convention of Synod in February 2023 after the online sessions in October 2021, including:
- LCANZ ecclasiastical review
- LCANZ constitutional review
- the question of the ordination of men and women.
- a workshop about ministry futures held in May which focused on the supply of all church workers in the ministries of the church, not just pastors, with solutions looking at regional collaboration and pathways for diverse training.
Presentations were received from the new Executive Officer of the Church, Brett Hausler, and the following departments of the LCANZ: LCA Local Mission (Dr Tania Nelson), LCA International Mission (Pastor Matt Anker), Australian Lutheran College (Pastor James Winderlich via online link) and Lutheran Education Australia (Assoc. Prof. Lisa Schmidt).
Please follow and like us: https://www.facebook.com/LCAQD/
READ MORE STORIES ABOUT Synod 2022