Calling for NOMINATIONS
Despite the LCAQD Synod for 2020 being cancelled, we are still calling for nominations from suitable candidates for a variety of Councils of the departments of the District as well as some committees.
Who are we seeking?
- Queensland Lutherans with some governance experience or an interest in gaining that experience.
- Younger persons and in particular, females.
- People with financial and/or legal knowledge.
- People who are willing to ask questions.
- People with an interest in or knowledge of the Aged Care and Education sectors, as well as financial management and constitutions.
If not YOU, then WHO?
Prospective nominees need to fill in the Nominations Form found on the Synod webpage. If you have a desire to serve your church or you know of someone who needs the nudge to become involved, please follow that nudge.
Current members who are continuing need not apply again. There are vacancies that have occurred in the past year due to changing circumstances. If you would like more information please contact the relevant departments or District Office. Nominations should be lodged by the 28th August 2020.
Only we humans can be God’s hands and feet in this world.
Margit Hubbers (on behalf of the Nominations Committee)