The LCAQD Ministry & Mission department partners with congregations and agencies to assist people in need due to drought, bushfire or flood.
Through the generosity of people throughout Australia and New Zealand, we have received funding from the Lutheran Church of Australia's Disaster and Welfare Fund to assist and support Queenslanders affected by drought. While some of our activities are restricted due to COVID-19, a rurally-based team continues to to be our eyes, ears and hands on the ground.
How can I help?
- Pray for families under stress, and for an end to the drought
- Let us know if you hear of someone who could use a hand
- Partner with a rural congregation to visit, listen and encourage
- Offer free holiday accommodation for those affected by drought or other disasters
- If you have the appropriate skills, offer to farm sit
- Educate yourself and others
Learn more at the Lutheran Drought Aid Qld website
Get in touch
For more information or suggestions, please contact:
Kathy in the Department of Ministry and Mission
Phone (07) 3512 7286
Or email email@example.com
Assist those who have been affected by the Queensland drought.
Assist those who have been affected by natural Queensland disasters.